Conquistador Instant Leprosy

The tingling fresh coffee which brings you exciting new cholera, mange, dropsy, the clap, hard pad and athlete's head. From the House of Conquistador.

Chock full of the esoteric and the gratuitous, sort of like my life.

(Formerly known as Pomegranate Rickey.)

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Tech support

Two or three days ago I started having trouble with my computer. Every time I try to play a media file, whether it's Windows Media or Quicktime, it comes out all jittery, like a skipping CD or DVD. I ran a full virus scan on my computer, but it didn't help. At this point in time, nothing else has been affected, and it's not just one program, since as I said both Windows Media and Quicktime files have been effective. So what could it be? I first noticed the problems when I came home from work in a day when there had been a power outage, so perhaps the blackout had an adverse effect on a piece of hardware in my computer. But I'm not computer-savvy, so I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to check. Has anyone out there had problems like this, and if so, how did you solve them?

1 Comments:

At 04 December, 2006 12:39, Blogger Champaign American said...

Take the computer to Best Buy. (only take the box itself and nothing attached to it) They are good a fixing computer problems. There is a service charge though. I've done it a few times before and they always fixed the problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home