Conquistador Instant Leprosy

The tingling fresh coffee which brings you exciting new cholera, mange, dropsy, the clap, hard pad and athlete's head. From the House of Conquistador.

Chock full of the esoteric and the gratuitous, sort of like my life.

(Formerly known as Pomegranate Rickey.)

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Adam V's questionnaire

I wasn't called out for this one or anything, but these are sometimes fun so I took it upon myself to fill it out. Enjoy!

1. Elaborate on your default icon.
My avatar in Blogger is a recurring character from the short films of Don Hertzfeldt. My favorite use of the little cloud guy is in his Oscar™ nominated film REJECTED, in which his pleas of “my anus is bleeding!” fell on deaf ears. My AOL Instant Messenger avatar is Lee Marvin because, well, I like Lee Marvin.

2. What's your current relationship status?
Single.

3. Ever have a near-death experience?
Closest I came was when I was eight and I fell off my bike in front of a driveway just as a truck was backing out. Luckily I was shrimpy and none of the tires touched me, but hoo boy was I scared.

4. Name an obvious quality you have?
Punctuality, although some of the people I work with might offer up gentlemanly conduct.

5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
For most of the day it’s been alternating between “Phantom’s Theme” from PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE and Harry Nilsson’s “Moonbeam Song.” At this present moment it’s Nilsson.

6. Any celeb you would marry?
This is a tricky one- it’d be much easier if you ask me which ones I’d sleep with. But I’d have to know someone to marry her, and since I don’t know any celebs, I couldn’t offer up any names to answer this question.

7. Who will cut and paste this first?
Dunno. Maybe Jason.

8. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Christina Ricci was born on February 12, 1980, two years after I was. Others who share my birthday include geek-fave filmmaker Darren Aronofsky (1969), MY 20TH CENTURY hottie Dorota Segda (1966), Christopher Guest stalwart John Michael Higgins (1963), fist-pumping talk-shot host Arsenio Hall (1955), wuss-rock favorite/object of ribbing in THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN Michael McDonald (1952), B-movie vet Michael Ironside (1950), Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek (1939), Celtics legend Bill Russell (1934), politically-oriented director Constantin Costa-Gavras (1933), quiz-show scandal centerpiece Charles Van Doren (1926), stodgy-ass Italian director Franco Zeffirelli (1923), EARTHQUAKE’s Lorne Greene (1915), five-star general Omar Bradley (1893), and ballet legend Anna Pavlova (1881). And oh yeah, some bearded dude named Lincoln (1809). Aren’t you glad you asked?

9. Do you have a crush on someone?
Yup.

10. Have you ever vandalized someone's private property?
I toilet-papered a few houses in high school, but that’s about it.

11. Have you ever been in a fight?
Sure, although not in a long time.

12. Have you ever sung in front of a large audience?
Yes- between high school choir, stage performances, and the Ohio State University Men’s Glee Club, I’d say I’ve done more than most people.

13. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Adam’s answer works for me- depends on which side I see first. Although I'm partial to a girl with nice-looking hair, which can be seen from pretty much any side.

14. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
I don’t generally go to Starbucks, having sworn off caffeine years ago.

15. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
While some might say that nothing we do is accidental, I’ve never made a conscious effort to cause myself pain.

16. Say something totally random about yourself.
Whenever I am served Jell-O, I prefer to eat it by slurping it through a straw. Note: this is actually not a random answer to this question, but rather my stock answer when I am asked to supply a random fact about myself. I actually met one of my ex-girlfriends this way, since it turns out she did the same thing. Wonder what happened to her…

17. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Back in high school I jokingly placed one of those cardboard Burger King crowns upside down on my head, and when I did this someone said I looked like John Cleese playing Lancelot in HOLY GRAIL. Although nowadays of the Pythons I’d say I favor Terry Jones most.

18. Do you wear a watch?
Almost never- copious armhair makes it uncomfortable- and when I do it tends to be a pocket watch. Odd that I’m so punctual (See #4).

19. Do you have anything pierced?
Nope.

20. Do you have any tattoos?
Nope.

21. Do you like pain?
Based on #15, #19, and #20, obviously not.

22. Do you like to shop?
Depends on what I’m shopping for. I have little patience when shopping for clothing, but I can spend hours browsing records or DVDs.

23. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
The parking fee at the Statehouse garage after seeing CHINATOWN at the Ohio Theatre.

24. What was the last thing you paid for with a credit card?
Groceries. As I recall the last item scanned was a pork chop.

25. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
The guy who took my pizza order at Rotolo’s.

26. What is on your desktop background?
The French poster for LE DAHLIA NOIR.

27. What is the background on your cell phone?
What cell phone?

28. Do you like redheads?
Depends on the redhead. Bryce Dallas Howard? Hell yes. Donny Most? Not so much.

29. Do you know any twins?
I have a pair of identical twin cousins I see a few times a year. They’re two years old now.

30. Do you have any weird relatives?
Yes, but none who are too alarming.

31. What was the last movie you watched?
DOUBLE INDEMNITY. That movie is so awesome.

32. What was the last book you read?
Bresson’s NOTES ON CINEMATOGRAPHY. Currently working on Cormac McCarthy’s BLOOD MERIDIAN.

3 Comments:

At 28 August, 2006 03:39, Blogger Adam Villani said...

Hey, good to see my influence spreading. Thouh of course, I didn't write the questions... whoever did seems to at least have a passing interest in self-mutilation.

 
At 28 August, 2006 16:03, Blogger Champaign American said...

No references to the great Auooghe? How sad.

 
At 31 August, 2006 15:30, Blogger Champaign American said...

hellooo?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home