Conquistador Instant Leprosy

The tingling fresh coffee which brings you exciting new cholera, mange, dropsy, the clap, hard pad and athlete's head. From the House of Conquistador.

Chock full of the esoteric and the gratuitous, sort of like my life.

(Formerly known as Pomegranate Rickey.)

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Because Mad Cow Disease was already taken."

Case you were wondering, I'm still at the bank, still doing what I was doing before. It's not so bad, I guess. I won't do it forever, but it's mostly harmless.

Anyway, when I'm processing checks at the end of the day, I have a tendency to hum songs to myself. Most of the time the machine is loud enough that nobody notices the songs, and the music I like doesn't really appeal to most of my workmates, who tend to go in more for country. But anyway, lately I've been on something of an Elton John kick, and some of his stuff has snuck into my recent humming repertoire. Today, it was a few selections from Tumbleweed Connection, one of which actually got recognized, much to my surprise. And of course, her recognition necessitated a funny response. Because that's just the kind of guy I am. To wit:

Female coworker: "Hey, is that 'My Father's Gun'?"

Me: "I dunno... did he put his name on it?"

I'm here all week, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home