Conquistador Instant Leprosy

The tingling fresh coffee which brings you exciting new cholera, mange, dropsy, the clap, hard pad and athlete's head. From the House of Conquistador.

Chock full of the esoteric and the gratuitous, sort of like my life.

(Formerly known as Pomegranate Rickey.)

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Grab Bag

- So I'm at my folks' place for the weekend. Wasn't sure I'd be able to make it, given the weather this past week, but it's let up somewhat these past few days, so here I am. The only thing that worries me is how Muriel and Victoria are doing on their own. I dropped them off with a co-worker, so they're not alone, but this will be the first time they've been in the same cage for more than a few hours at a time. My big concern is that they've developed a big sister/little sister dynamic, with Muriel taking the dominant role and picking on the smaller Victoria, and given her relative lack of experience with guinea pigs, I hope my co-worker is OK with them. Then again, she has two daughters, plus some pets, so that should aid her somewhat. What am I saying- she'll be fine.

- I had a dude knock on my door this past week selling something or other. I guess I'm spoiled in that I don't have this happen to me all that often, since my apartment building is kept locked. But it worked out in an unexpected way. I opened the door and saw him there, and he gave me a kind of confused look and asked me, "uh, did I talk to you already?" And of course I responded that he had, and he moved along to the next victim. As characters are prone to saying on ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, "that was a freebie."

- And speaking of (quasi-)mistaken identity, I was at the Jack Smith program at the Wexner Center last weekend when a loud, vocal guy (who smelled a little like an old candle) sat behind me. It would be bad enough if he was talking to the people around him, but no- this guy actually seemed to be talking to the screen. He would offer commentary on nude bodies, and at one point he actually responded to a question asked by an onscreen character. It was pretty bizarre, perhaps even more bizarre than the mentally-deficient dude who stood in front of the screen during MOULIN ROUGE and conducted the entire time. Anyway, this guy came up to me afterward and I got a little nervous. To begin with, this guy was obviously nuts, and my friends and I were sitting pretty close to him and occasionally remarking to each other about the crazy shit he was saying. Did he want to start something? But all he did was ask me if me first name was Dave. The best part is that I didn't even have to lie to make him go away. Another freebie.

1 Comments:

At 21 February, 2007 14:38, Blogger Champaign American said...

Did he keep saying "What's the frequency Kenneth?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home