Conquistador Instant Leprosy

The tingling fresh coffee which brings you exciting new cholera, mange, dropsy, the clap, hard pad and athlete's head. From the House of Conquistador.

Chock full of the esoteric and the gratuitous, sort of like my life.

(Formerly known as Pomegranate Rickey.)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...


For those of you who don't know, I work in the offices of a bank here in Columbus. Not a bad job- I'd much rather do this than be a teller, dealing with people face to face all day. But even behind the scenes, we're still at the mercy of our customers, and on a cold, snowy, sloppy day like today, the bank turns into a ghost town.

Consequently, they decided to close the bank early, what with the lack of business and all. But when I walked out to my car I noticed that something even less pleasant than snow had begun to fall- freezing rain. Normally, I don't mind snow or freezing rain by themselves, but freezing rain on top of snow is a pain in the ass. Seriously, it took me nearly 20 minutes to scrape the ice and snow off my windows enough for it to be drivable. And all the while being pelted from above with even more freezing rain- boy howdy, once I got home and went in, I was in for good. And in I've stayed all night, treating myself to a rare two-movie weeknight. I can only imagine how much it'll suck tomorrow morning...

Oh well- at least we're out of single digits for the time being. I just hope we've cleared up by the weekend.

(OK, maybe that was kind of a lame post. I think I just wanted an excuse to post the above pic. Got a problem with that?)

Edited 2/17 to add: The morning after I posted this entry, I actually had a morning that made me feel like the Frozen Jack seen above. The freezing rain had fallen all night, and when I walked out to my car the ice was caked on it. It took me nearly five minutes just to open the driver's side door, and then another hour to scrape off the driver's and passenger's windows, the windshield, and the back window so that I could see well enough to drive. By the time I got to work (late, obv.), I wasn't in the best of moods. Trying to amuse myself, I sent the Jack pic to some of my co-workers, saying that it was a snapshot someone had taken of me that morning. A few of them actually believed me, which just made it funnier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home