Conquistador Instant Leprosy

The tingling fresh coffee which brings you exciting new cholera, mange, dropsy, the clap, hard pad and athlete's head. From the House of Conquistador.

Chock full of the esoteric and the gratuitous, sort of like my life.

(Formerly known as Pomegranate Rickey.)

Saturday, August 26, 2006

I bitch about asswipes #1

So the other day I'm driving home from work, craving Chipotle. As tends to be the case with most Chipotle joints I've encountered, the one near my house has a parking lot that's too small by half, so I have to circle around until someone deigns to leave, then quickly pull in behind them before someone beats me to it. Anyway, I find a spot without having to wait too long, but since I'm in a hurry I pull in crooked and turn off the car. As I get out of the car, the middle-aged dude driving the shiny BMW convertible parked next to my 12-year-old Accord leaves the restaurant and notices that I'm parked pretty closely to him. Rather than just letting it go and grumbling about it on the way home, he looks at me smugly and says, "think you could park any closer?"

Fucker.

Keeping my cool, I offer to re-park, but he just shakes his head at me, his face awash in a holier-than-thou sneer, climbs into his car (as I said, it's a convertible) and drives away. And off I go to get my long-awaited burrito.

I know I shouldn't dwell, but even now, I can't get this dude out of my mind. Seriously, was that shit really necessary. OK, I'm sorry, I parked my jalopy within the comfort zone of his shiny toy. But so what? It's not like he even needed to open the door, since the top was down. No, he just needed to feel superior, methinks. Would he have done the same to someone driving a comparably-priced car? I somehow doubt it.

I'm not blameless in the situation. I realize that I could have I could have parked more carefully and made his day smoother. But I don't make a habit of parking poorly- it's just one of those things everyone does on occasion, this cheesedick no doubt included. One day I'll be more careful when I park. But I bet he'll always be an asshole.

1 Comments:

At 28 August, 2006 12:08, Blogger Adam Villani said...

I actually got a note on my windshield once for parking about 3 inches closer than a perfect parking job would have been. WTF?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home