Conquistador Instant Leprosy

The tingling fresh coffee which brings you exciting new cholera, mange, dropsy, the clap, hard pad and athlete's head. From the House of Conquistador.

Chock full of the esoteric and the gratuitous, sort of like my life.

(Formerly known as Pomegranate Rickey.)

Saturday, June 30, 2007

This blog will be released unrated in my opinion.

Online Dating

Dear blog ratings board,

I know I don't have studio backing for this blog or anything, but I'm sure you can agree that this is a bit excessive. For a blog that contains no graphic decapitations or scenes of committed gay couples making love, I don't think an NC-17 is warranted. Especially for such arbitrary reasons. As you yourself point out, the reasoning behind this rating is as follows:

Pain (9x) Hell (7x) Shit (6x) Death (4x) Dead (3x) Sex (2x) Crappy (1x)

I gotta say, the offensiveness of some of these words is new to me. Obviously, we don't want our kids growing up and saying stuff like shit, but to penalize my blog to this extent for "pain" and "death" and even "sex" just tells me what a candyland you're living in. Meanwhile, my occasional tendency to casually use the word "fuck" seems to have gone unnoticed.

Another thing- Do you only rate blogs based on the posts on the main page? Because I'm sure I've posted some more objectionable material in the past. To wit, the rating of my flagship blog, Silly Hats Only:

Online Dating

This making my principal blog my equivalent of THE STRAIGHT STORY, which I can handle. I suppose this would make sense if you only took into account the main page of the blog, which is mostly composed of pictures. All told, you only found 2 uses of the word "dead" and 1 of "hell," although I'm a little surprised you overlooked the word "shitty" about halfway down. And it's obvious that you didn't scan the comments, or else you would have discovered "battered chapped vagina" among the Patton Oswalt comments. But if you didn't notice it, then I needn't inform you about it. Oh, wait.

Finally, if you're curious, here's the rating for my screening blog, where most of my recent short-form commentary is currently housed:

Online Dating

Yeah, I figured this would happen, considering that I write as much there as I do on Leprosy. The reasons for the rating were:

Hell (11x) Dead (7x) Sex (5x) Zombie (4x) Death (3x) Kill (2x) Gay (1x)

I do find it odd that you folks place such importance on the word "zombie" in your rating. I guess I ought to start referring to the rocker-cum-DEVIL'S REJECTS auteur as "Rob Undead" or "Rob Brains Eater" to meet with your approval. But no, I'm guessing this is all about that single use of the word "gay." Isn't it, guys? ISN'T IT???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home